Offline Map Area Fails- worked prior to March 2020 update

Jump to solution
04-03-2020 08:24 PM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have been creating offline maps for an existing web map and today when I tried I get a red 'failed' every time I tried. I really wish there an error that accompanied why the map fails? However it finally occurred to me that I didn't see one of my map layers showing in the packages within the map area. Once I removed the layer from my web map and tried the same offline area it packaged and worked. The data apparently making the offline map fail has been in there for the last month when I've been creating offline areas. Its a tile layer of NOAA nautical charts that is causing the fail. This has to be related to the last update because I created an offline area for the same web map last Thursday and this worked.

I would much prefer to have the layer included in the offline map same as before. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Kathy, 

we saw one issue about hosted tile layer and deployed a fix on Friday late afternoon (April 3). Can you try again and see if it works? If not, can you share your map to a group and invite the account Collector4ArcGIS into it? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Kathy, 

we saw one issue about hosted tile layer and deployed a fix on Friday late afternoon (April 3). Can you try again and see if it works? If not, can you share your map to a group and invite the account Collector4ArcGIS into it? 

kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Miaogeng Zhang‌,

I just saved a copy of my original web map and added the tile layer back in and was able to successfully create an offline map area again with tile layer. The fix you applied must have worked because I tried for like a couple of hours on Friday evening AK time and was not able to get it.

I'm so glad to know its working again! 

Thanks for the quick reply,

Kathy

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for confirmation. 

0 Kudos
BrandonA_CDPH
Occasional Contributor II

I am having the same issue with Collector and Field Maps. Once I set an offline area, the map will not return to "online" mode. I created adn deleted the offline areas on Friday. In fact, I deleted all the offline areas today and the map will not switch back to "online" mode.

I was able to return to online mode with a new map (same layers - no change in sharing).  I'm concerned about pre-generating offline areas now because I don't want to have to keep re-creating my map.

0 Kudos