Collector with Attachments will not synch

12-31-2014 09:55 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Collector with Attachments will not synch: I finally got a collector app working in the following configuration:

Point Feature Class with attachments enabled published on ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 with sync enabled;

Webmap in Portal for ArcGIS (also 10.2.2);

I can access the map and create an offline copy on a variety of Android and IoS devices.

I can create new, and update point features and sync them (most of the time).

When I create or update a point feature AND attach a photograph to it, sync fails every time with "Illegal start of token [<]".

Since this works when I'm adding or updating features with no attachments, I'm pretty sure that the service and Portal is configured correctly. Why would collector stop working when attachments are added to the mix? Unfortunately, due to IT policy, we won't be able to "upgrade" to 10.3 which, at great cost, involves dozens of servers and thousands of desktop clients.

Is there a fix for this in the 10.x suite?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
deleted-user-mezzanRtr2IZ
New Contributor III

On your device, there should be an "AppData" folder that contains all data for every app on your mobile device.  I don't think it matters that you are using Windows 7.   It is possible that the AppData folder could be hidden so you may need to make hidden folders visible first.  I was  able to get Collector data of an iOS device at the time of my original post, but have since transitioned to Android, but I know it can be done.

Have you tried using the search bar in Windows file explorer to search for an "ArcGISApp" or "offline_data" folder within your device?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried exactly both those things with no such luck. In windows explorer directly under the device all I see is a bunch of meaningless photos (image 2).

I also tried syncing and backing up the device to iTunes. When I navigate into the backup files for iTunes I still don't see any folders/files of meaning (image 3).

Both these locations I had on screen during the ESRI tech support screen share and they also seem confused by the lack of the folders you described. I must be missing something.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

That is file sharing. You can check out this help iTunes 11 for Windows: Transfer files between your computer and mobile apps and see if it works for you.

0 Kudos