Collector maps offline

01-10-2019 08:24 AM
AndyM
by
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying out the new collector app. I have TPKs loaded on my Ipad. When I go to download the maps it only gives me the option for downloading the imagery and the vector data. There isn't an option to download the vector data only. Is there a way to download  the vector data only like in Collector Classic?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andy -- Using a sideloaded TPK during download isn't supported at this time. Once you've downloaded the map, then you can use the sideloaded TPK. You might find this information useful: Can I use basemaps copied (sideloaded) to the device?

Esri Education Team
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

It appears the tile package has to be in WGS84 as well although I haven't been able to confirm that yet

0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Update - you can use other projections but the basemap in the webmap has to match the offline basemap projection you have on the device

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Kylie Donia‌ the previous version of Collector allowed the selection of the sideloaded basemap during map download, which allowed users with poor wifi connections to skip the unnecessary step of having to download a huge basemap package with each map download. I'm assuming ESRI has this logged as a major bug and this will be addressed in the next release? It was previously supported, why is it no longer supported? 

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

This is definitely functionality we are planning to add into Collector. It will be coming in beta on iOS soon (I'd estimate in the next couple of weeks). 

As to your point on how you are required to download a basemap today, you don't have to download a huge one. Just download the basemap with the lowest level of detail (like level 0 or 1) so that you get a smaller basemap during download, and replace it with the one you want after that.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos