(Collector) Editing fields and selecting an option with a domain clears all other fields

Jump to solution
01-17-2017 07:34 AM
BrendonJoyce
New Contributor III

Hi all,

After the recent Collector update the maps we use to collect info on such things as hydrant maintenance and shoveling have been severely compromised. For example, our hydrant shoveling map has three statuses: Awaiting shoveling, shoveled, and requires repairs. These denote 3 colors to make it easier for our crew to see whats been done in real time. It has been working great for us. 

This morning I've found out that while editing and selecting a status that contains the 3 domain options that change the icons/colors proceeds to clear the rest of the fields we have for the hydrant (Street/Town/Make etc)...I've tried it on other maps (different uses/geodatabases/layers) and the same thing is occurring. This does not occur while editing in the browser on ArcGIS Online or ArcMap Desktop, but does occur on the Collector app on our tablets and smartphones. Is there some sort of fix or do I have to roll back the update? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

We have resolved this issue and Google Play along with the Amazon App Store have both been updated with a new 10.4.2 release.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
deleted-user-9zlChDJzM-SF
New Contributor III

I had the exact same thing happen to us. Just started this morning. Don't know if there is an update that caused this.

BrendonJoyce
New Contributor III

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/collector-for-arcgis/blog/2017/01/13/collector...

Looks like its the update. Makes total sense to me too as we haven't needed the app yet since the update (I updated 6 devices last Friday)

0 Kudos
DougMorgenthaler
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for raising this issue.  We've been able to reproduce this behavior, and will post back as we have more information.

JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

We have resolved this issue and Google Play along with the Amazon App Store have both been updated with a new 10.4.2 release.

BrendonJoyce
New Contributor III

Awesome, back to normal, thanks!

0 Kudos