Collector App - Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters

10-04-2014 02:50 AM
TorDale_Fort
New Contributor II

I have been trying to download a map with a point feature service from ArcGIS online on to collector app on an iPad using iOS 7.1.2 and I keep receiving the same error. it will looking like it's downloading to about 20% and then it will pop up wit the message:

Collector App Error.png

I have remade the map several times and edited as little as possible before trying to download, but it the same error. Others in my organisation have tried to download this map and received the same error on android devices too. We have also had issues with downloading other maps too.

Any suggestions to try would be gratefully received.

Thank you!

19 Replies
RyanMeyer
New Contributor

I had a similar problem. SOLVED by looking at data. 3D Shapefile data (used as background layer) provided from outside source had a multiple vertices with elevation set to 0. Tested adding approximate elevations and syncing worked. Then just moved everything to 2D rather than edit someone else's data and was able to take the data offline.

0 Kudos
GISTeam4
Occasional Contributor

Similar problem and similar solution as Ryan Meyer suggested. I noticed that one of my layers had either Z or M data enabled, once i've made a new feature class (without M or Z data enabled) and appended the values from the one which had M or Z data enabled it worked again.

CathyWilson2
Occasional Contributor

Having the same problem in ArcGIS Online and Collector. Thanks!

0 Kudos
entegroIreland
New Contributor III

I have just had this problem. I did the same as bridgette.rivers did. I disabled the offline, opened the map, edit a dummy data, saved, enabled the offline and sharing groups and bang ! it is working.

0 Kudos
AnooshehTarassoly
New Contributor III

We were also experiencing this issue on a feature layer that had previously (and recently) been working. Tried the suggested fixes per Bridgette and other -- these did not work. Also tried deleting and republishing the map.

The feature layer in question has a filter which excludes all data. We added a dummy point to the layer to resolve the issue temporarily. Wondering if there is another solution???

0 Kudos
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Originally we had a known issue that the layer was configured with attachment and it was empty, it would have download issue. We just released a fix to the issue. You do NOT need the workaround now. 

0 Kudos
ParasAcharya
New Contributor

Miaogeng Zhang

I am still getting this error when attempting to download a collector app  which has a survey 123 point features enabled with attachments. Can you please provide any assistance?

0 Kudos
NW-AllyBuccanero-GISS
New Contributor III

Paras.Acharya_OEH I was getting this error with a map that has a Survey123 feature service, as well. I could only get my map to download after doing two things: swapping out the standard Survey123 feature service for the stakeholder version (make sure sync is enabled in the stakeholder version settings), and I had to remove the associated photo attachment table. For my workflow, it was better to have the points of the survey feature service show up on my map without the photos, than none at all. 

Anyone have any ideas why the replica error is coming up due to the photo attachments? This error did not occur during the first download when the survey feature service was empty; happens across all Android devices I've tried; device app settings allow for both push/pull of data. Is syncing photo attachments from previously collected data points not supported? I guess this could make sense - since the photos would have to be downloaded to the device to be taken offline with the map?

0 Kudos
TT
by
New Contributor II

I am also getting this error. I have prepared a number of layers with attachments. I have added global IDs to the attachment tables. I have enabled archiving on the feature classes. It appears that archiving is enabled on all attachment tables also. Yet I get the error that Collector failed to create replica when taking map offline.

0 Kudos
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

I've had this replica error now come up in a Collector map/project that was working fine for over a year. There was a pair of feature classes in one service, with both those feature classes added as layers to a web map for Collector consumption, but initially only one of the layer had editing enabled. This layer also had editor tracking. At some point editing for the other layer was enabled in the web map, but editor tracking wasn't turned on for it in the database.

Enabling editor tracking for the second feature class and republishing the service seems has resolved the issue. It appears that a number of things will trigger that replica error when trying to go offline.

-Aaron
0 Kudos