Capture facility ID with related table

08-04-2015 01:19 PM
RobbHodges
Occasional Contributor III

I am having some issues capturing the facility ID with the collector app. Basically, I have set up a valve inspection form, via a related table, that grabs the facility ID from the valves. So far, it's been hit or miss in the collector app. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've noticed that when it doesn't work, it's because it's trying to acquire a GPS signal. So, instead of creating a record in the related table, it appears as if it is trying to collect a GPS point.

Anyone with this issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

what do you mean by saying "that grabs the facility ID from the valves"? do yo mean you add the existing valve locations as a feature layer (hosted feature layer in AGOL, or hosted in your own ArcGIS server) ?

when I don't use GPS, I turn it off on my device. what device are you using?

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

I am using a related table to store valve inspections. When create a new inspection, it uses the relationship from my valve features to populate the valve facility ID in the related table. Sometimes it does this correctly. Most of the time, it tries to use GPS to capture the inspection, bypassing the relationship. I that case, it doesn't populate the table with the valve facility id. In fact, it doesn't let me fill out any attributes in the related table.

I can't turn off the GPS. It defaults back to turning the GPS on. I tried that already.

All the data is hosted on our server.

0 Kudos
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Robb,

I don't know how you can auto-populate the facility ID in the related table using relationship. basically, the only thing will be populated in the related table, when you add a record, should be the GUID which is the key linking to the GlobalID in your feature class.

So the point is, the table only relates to the feature layer, the relationship won't pre-populate / auto-populate any fields in the related table.Robb Hodges 

Cheers,

Simo

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

Well, it works every time when it's the only service I'm the webmap. When there are other services, it's hit or miss.

-Robb Hodges

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

Again. It works when it's the only feature service in the map. The valve inspection solution uses a similar example with the facility ID.

-Robb Hodges

0 Kudos