Branch versioning, offline, Collector and Android

11-03-2019 12:32 PM
FraserHand1
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I have a single feature class feature service that has been published with version management (branch versioning) @ ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1. 

The service has feature access enabled with sync, update, create etc and with the advanced settings of create a version for each downloaded map.

I have seen this thread 

https://community.esri.com/thread/209498-taking-branch-versioned-data-offline-with-collector

where Jeff Shaner‌ mentions that this is supported at 10.7.1 - publishing from sde.DEFAULT 9which is what we have done).

We can use the associated webmap in Collector in IOS take it offline, make some offline edits and push the edits back fine. Everything works as expected. In Android I cannot even download the map – fails with a "parameter cannot be null" message. has anyone come across this behaviour before - and what is the difference between the Android and IOS clients?

Thanks

Fraser

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fraser,

There are currently two releases of Collector for ArcGIS:

• Collector for ArcGIS. Currently only available on iOS and as beta on Android.
  • Collector for ArcGIS (Classic). The current release for Android and Windows. Still available on iOS.

Can you confirm the versions of Collector for ArcGIS on both platforms? It's likely that we are not able to achieve the desired workflow due to the 'classic' version not accommodating branched versioning.

There is a beta available though I understand Anrdoid release is slated for Q4 of this year.

Collector for ArcGIS beta

Additional information:

Collector for ArcGIS – Releasing the Aurora Project 

Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) v18.1.0 Released! 

Cheers,

Chris

FraserHand1
New Contributor III

Working: IOS 19.2.0 Build 2714 IOS version 13.1.3

Not working version 18.0.3 build 1033 - multiple versions of Android 8.0.0 and 9

Thanks