Add multi part features to ArcGIS collector

05-31-2016 12:23 PM
BrettRosso
New Contributor III

During a recent discovery, ESRI tech support and I found that there is no ability using ArcGIS collector app to create multi part features. This would be very helpful for us in our weed spraying efforts as sometimes the polygons need to represent one record, not each individually. The workaround has been to create a merge_ID field that we know that these particular polygons need merged into one record. It would be nice for them to be able to do this while out in the field.

Thanks,

Brett Rosso, GISP

Sr. GIS Mapping Technician

City of Longmont, Colorado

4 Comments
ScottPrindle

Hello Brett,

Thanks for submitting this idea!

Others,

When voting for this idea, consider leaving a comment to share how multi-part geometries would be beneficial to your current or possible workflows.

Thanks,

Scott

BrettRosso

Hi Scott,

I had another inquiry to see if there is any movement on this. If not I was considering running a python script to merge features based in ID numbers before a reconcile and post session. Let me know if you think of some better way.

Thanks,

Brett

ScottPrindle

Hey Brett,

Unfortunately I don't have an update or a confirmed timeline on this functionality making its way into Collector. While you've provided a solid use case for this functional need, I think more discussion and other perspectives on how this would be beneficial to user workflows will help us build more momentum.

Thanks for staying involved with the Esri Community! I will keep you posted if we are able to provide an updated roadmap for this request.

Thanks,

Scott

LynneOuellette

This is funtionality that my group would really like to see as well!  Also for invasive species mapping. 

Thanks,

Lynne