How to use extra_conversion_options in ConvertWebMapToMapDocument

Jump to solution
01-28-2016 02:38 PM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to print secured services using arcpy.Mapping.ConvertWebMapToMapDocument. I am unable to provide the proper connection information to the secured service. Here is what I get in the results when I try to run:

I am able to use Export Web Map Task for basic printing and can print secured services. I added the connection info to the Export Web Map Task. Now I am trying to modify the AdvancedHighQuailityPrinting demo but have not been able to correctly provide the connection info. I am following the information in the Help documentation for ConvertWebMapToMapDocument and am providing the same connection information that I used for basic printing:

I have tried adding the connection information on the gis server and on my local machine.

In what format do I need to provide the connection information?

Where does the connection information need to be? The GIS Server, the web server, the local machine?

I am using ArcGIS 10.3.1.

Thanks,

Janice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaniceBaird

This is a bug: BUG-000094062 - Printing secure services
utilizing the arcpy.mapping.ConvertWebMapToMapDocument() function, the
"extra_conversion_options" dictionary & the
"SERVER_CONNECTION_FILE" key as a Geoprocessing Service will always
produce a blank output

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaniceBaird

This is a bug: BUG-000094062 - Printing secure services
utilizing the arcpy.mapping.ConvertWebMapToMapDocument() function, the
"extra_conversion_options" dictionary & the
"SERVER_CONNECTION_FILE" key as a Geoprocessing Service will always
produce a blank output

0 Kudos
BryanMc
Occasional Contributor

Hi Janice Baird​, thank you so much for reporting back about the bug. Do you know if this is fixed in 10.4? or has Esri created a patch for you at 10.3.1? The list of fixes in 10.4 makes it seem like it hasn't been fixed yet but hoping it was just missed from the list and it was fixed - or patch avail.

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird

Hey Bryan,

I have no idea if or when ESRI is going to take care of this. I just got the bug number and have not heard anything else.

Janice.

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird

OK, one year later and I am trying this again.... I am still getting an error when trying to use credentials with "ConvertWebMaptoMapDocument". It does not look like ESRI is interested in fixing this bug. I am unable to find any information about the BUG being fixed and I get the same error as I was getting last year. Only difference is that I am now on ArcGIS for Server 10.4.1.

Anybody have a solution?

0 Kudos