I have cvs files on a shared drive (off line for security reasons). When working with my map it does not update from the files. (files were added as layers). How can I get the map to query the files on loading?.cvs, layerstables#not update
Al, this place (GeoNet Resource Hub) is really focused on GeoNet, not ArcGIS software. You will get better visibility, and likely better responses, if you explore https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1544 and post to a more suitable space/place. I will share with Managing Data for you.
You mention "CVS" files multiple times, do you mean "CSV"? Although there is a CVS file format, it is quite niche and not used by any geospatial software packages as far as I know.
You mention the files are "on a shared drive (off line for security reasons)." Shared drives are commonly network drives, which means online rather than offline. Is the shared drive a mapped network drive?
Although CSV files can contain spatial data, e.g., coordinates or addresses, they are not inherently/natively spatial. How are you getting the information in the CSV file to link to your map? Did you join or relate the table to a spatial layer?
Thanks for jumping in there. I should drink my coffee before I post. I apologize for the confusion as I got this link off the ArcGIS ESRI site. Anyway they are CSV files created in excel. the files are hosted on a shared mapped network drive. The file contains employee name, address, phone and position and airport they are attached too. The files are currently added from file as a layer.
My issue is that in order for the layer to update when I make a change in the table (csv file) I have to remove the layer then add it back (which means I have to go through the process of selection the display options and format the shape each time).
OK, now I got ya. If you make changes when ArcMap is closed, or you close and re-open ArcMap, do the changes show up? I am trying to figure out whether this only pertains to the current session/process or the application as a whole.
Thanks for bearing with me. This is the application as a whole, not just the session. Also it doesn't matter if I am working in ArcGIS online or with ArcGIS desktop.
Membros conectados podem postar, seguir atualizações e mais. Novo aqui? Registre uma conta gratuita.
Find useful guides, FAQs, and documents to help you navigate and make the most of Esri Community.