//identify proxy page to use if the toJson payload to the geometry service is greater than 2000 characters. //If this null or not available the buffer operation will not work. Otherwise it will do a http post to the proxy. esriConfig.defaults.io.proxyUrl = "/arcgisserver/apis/javascript/proxy/proxy.ashx"; esriConfig.defaults.io.alwaysUseProxy = false;
"The proxy page runs on your local web server, not on an ESRI server or on the ArcGIS Server computer (unless your web server also hosts the ArcGIS Server instance). "
...this is saying that the proxy page must reside on the same machine as the one hosting the webpage with the javascript code. Is this correct?
For the proxyURL can I not just specify a IP Address to another web server?
As long as your hosting provider allows you to run server-side code, you can use a proxy page.
I do have a control panel which allows me to create 'Virtual Folders", I have used this to create seperate ASP.NET web applications within sub folders of the website. Could I simply put the proxy page in a new "virtual folder" of the website?
Les membres connectés peuvent publier, suivre les mises à jour, et plus encore. Nouveau ici ? Inscrivez-vous gratuitement.
Find useful guides, FAQs, and documents to help you navigate and make the most of Esri Community.