I use arcpy.da.FeatureClassToNumPyArray with option EXPLODE TO POINTS to extract vertices of polygons/polylines. It is followed by arcpy.da.FeatureClassToNumPyArray conversion to points.
This is what I see when output points are saved in geodatabase:
which is all good. But when output points saved in 'memory' I see this on a map :
There are massive 'gaps' for memory/points.
memory workspace is my favorite for intermediate outputs due to multiple reasons. Speed is one of them. For example it took 15.5 seconds to create 1.6M memory/POINTS and 1 minute 15 seconds for GDB/points (GDB on SSD ! disk). With now retired ArcGIS 'in_memory' workspace worked like a charm...
Story does not ends here. If I use memory/points with other tools in GUI or script, ArcPRO does not 'see' missing points. To sober it up, I need to run update cursor on it/ or dumb field calculation on any field without changing any of the values and ghost features will pop up. So, physically records are present, but are ignored/skipped/disregarded.
I can confirm that the same thing is happening with out of the box tool, e.g. Union when I try to fill many 100s of holes in polygons.
I played with rendering, cache, number of processes and multiple other suggestions from AI. Nothing is working …
I am suspecting this has happened after one of the updates. It is definitely not faulty 3.7.2 patch which I removed lately.
Anybody has the same experience with such erratic behavior, please?
And yes, category I've picked
is hardly relevant