Hello,
We received our county's aerial as a .sid file - 5 bands, RGB/NIR. Unfortunately, where it was clipped shows a large white box…which is undesirable. This is a publicly available image service:
https://mclio.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8919a340eaaf43ee8fa99677305e35fa#overview
If we were publishing a map service we could easily just set the alpha to Band 5 making the white transparent…however this is not an option for publishing to the image server. In web maps, there isn't an option to assign an alpha band…
Has anyone dealt with this? Our goal is to maintain the .sid file for publishing (any outputs in Pro are tiff..etc) without having to buy the software necessary for processing .sid files. I'm hoping there is just a setting I am missing or maybe a process I have overlooked. I did calc stats and assigned a no value of 255. This did not change the output and since there may be some assigned pixels of 255, that might not be the best route either.
Thanks for any insight!
Mary