Select to view content in your preferred language

UN for Treatment Plants

Jump to solution
12-18-2023 09:53 AM
LukeFrazeur
New Contributor

Hi! My organization currently has different geodatabases for treatment plants and the distribution system, both having separate geometric networks. I'm currently planning and creating schema for these using the Utility Network and am thinking about creating a fully integrated system with both the plant and distribution on the same utility network and the same water domain network (separate domains for electric, gas, etc for the plant). Does anyone know what the standard is for plant and distribution networks, or if there isn't one, does this new idea seem to be best or is there a better option?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CashEddy
New Contributor II

Hi Luke,

You are on the right track with integrating your vertical assets with the Water Distribution UN. It would be best to build this schema into your water asset package.

Here are a few current and useful workshops from the 2023 IMGIS Conference:

I believe Esri may have additional resources for implementing and managing vertical assets in the UN.

Embrace the journey!

-Cash

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CashEddy
New Contributor II

Hi Luke,

You are on the right track with integrating your vertical assets with the Water Distribution UN. It would be best to build this schema into your water asset package.

Here are a few current and useful workshops from the 2023 IMGIS Conference:

I believe Esri may have additional resources for implementing and managing vertical assets in the UN.

Embrace the journey!

-Cash

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Good links, I also found this customer presentation to be useful since it shows how they implemented this using the utility network (Asset and Data Management for Water Utilities). It shows how they modelled the features, non-spatial objects, hierarchies along with how they presented this staff to GIS staff using ArcGIS Pro as well as to engineering/operations staff using a web viewer.

0 Kudos