Add Business Hour Range Question

07-05-2023 01:05 PM
Labels (3)
Teresa_Blader
Occasional Contributor III

I have a form to collect community resources. Many have business hours. Currently a multi-line text situation, but not very easy to then add dynamic workflows showing "open" vs "closed" based on the current time. I'd like to add in questions that help walk out the actual time frames for each day. This can make for a cumbersome dataset no matter what, but I wish there was a better question type for business hours.

As far as storing, still store as a range so instead of 14 fields to capture hours for the week, there's 7 and it's stored as "8AM - 12PM". It'd be great too if it still prompted to pick a time, and was intelligent to add AM/PM. Like a mix between "Range", "Likert Scale" and "Single Select Grid" where each day is listed and then there are two type boxes that prompt time only (not day). I get there is a way to do this by adding a lot of text boxes but the survey set up would require a lot of real estate visually, as opposed to something like this:

Teresa_Blader_0-1688586675458.png

Extra bonus: there is a "Closed" option, and a "duplicate time" option so someone doesn't have to manually type out each day if they hours are the same. 

This would be a dream come true. 

1 Comment
BrandonA_CDPH

This would be great for my workflows as well.  We collect operating hours for licensed businesses. It would be great to have that as a single field per day, instead of 14 fields. I can also see this useful for things like a range of distances or measurements (numbers instead of time).  I'm thinking about our workflow where we have to take multiple temperature measurements and report the high and low temperatures. This is currently through a text box, but if it was a numeric range in one field, that would really enhance our dashboard and other charting. We could automatically flag and mark certain entries based on max, min, and range much easier than the text field currently used.