Data storage or Data deletion on Quick Capture

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
phoenix
New Contributor

Hi

Can someone please answer the following questions about the storage of data captured on Quick Capture, as I can't find this information on the Help/Documation?   Thank you!

1. Is there any credit consumption for it?
2. Are there any rules for the data storage or data deletion?

For example, is the data stored for up to 30 days, or is it deleted after a certain number of months?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - When users capture data in QuickCapture, it is sent to a feature service. If this feature service is in ArcGIS Online, the storage of submitted features will consume credits. However, this is very minimal, see: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/administer/credits.htm for more information.

The data in a feature service will not get deleted until a user with permissions chooses to do so. Feature data captured from a QuickCapture project will never get automatically deleted.

Location tracking is different, it is a platform capabilty that records where your users have been. These track points don't consume credits, but they do get automatically deleted after 30 days if using ArcGIS Online. If using ArcGIS Enterprise the tracks do not get automatcially deleted.

You can back up these tracks in ArcGIS online if required.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need further information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
phoenix
New Contributor

I have just found the following information from the 'Deploy a Location Tracking Solution with ArcGIS QuickCapture' dated of December 2021.

Can someone please clarify if it is still valid, and are there other ways that I can keep the data stored for a longer period?   Is it related to Location Sharing?

Enable location tracking
For mobile workers to upload tracks, the location tracking capability must be enabled for your organization. This must be done by an administrator. Tracks stored in ArcGIS Online are retained using a 30-day rolling window and there is no additional storage cost. In ArcGIS Enterprise, additional configuration options are available.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - When users capture data in QuickCapture, it is sent to a feature service. If this feature service is in ArcGIS Online, the storage of submitted features will consume credits. However, this is very minimal, see: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/administer/credits.htm for more information.

The data in a feature service will not get deleted until a user with permissions chooses to do so. Feature data captured from a QuickCapture project will never get automatically deleted.

Location tracking is different, it is a platform capabilty that records where your users have been. These track points don't consume credits, but they do get automatically deleted after 30 days if using ArcGIS Online. If using ArcGIS Enterprise the tracks do not get automatcially deleted.

You can back up these tracks in ArcGIS online if required.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need further information.

0 Kudos
phoenix
New Contributor

Hi Johnathan

Many thanks for your clarification.

0 Kudos