A New Concept for Exported Data - Is It Possible?

Jump to solution
03-22-2024 06:06 PM
Labels (2)
MillieBuckner
New Contributor II

Update:  Inside arcgis pro, there can be a "Conversion toolbox." that includes conversion to excel.  I understand this probably is for use cases completely unlike mine, but on the surface, it sounds like it could be what I am looking for.   Now I am searching for the conversion toolbox.

I am not sure it will be possible for the product to do something I was really hoping it would do.  Step 1 produced Result 1, check.  The Challenge:  Ultimate Goal of a New Kind of Export

MillieBuckner_1-1711155681094.png

When people told me exporting data was no problem, I completely misunderstood exporting in GIS.  I was envisioning producing a copy of the data outside the system, in an Excel file, so I can give people copies of the data they can view in software available to them,  Can it be done?  How?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
MillieBuckner
New Contributor II

I. want to thank you for the well-focused, helpful responses .I think both ansers should be marked as solutions. I am to do that and start another thread regarding a different, even nastier problem.  

Did I say nastier?  Yess I did. Why did I do that. I cannot say for sure my grievance is legitimate.  There is no doubt I had to do some deep digging into my guts to push through the snags encountered on this pasage through a birth canal into the wrld of esri.  I cannot think of many endeavors with .... not sure what the right name is for what I do. 

0 Kudos
MillieBuckner
New Contributor II

I have tried marking two solutions.  Both point to essential information.  If you land in this thread because you are suffering the curse of having  a new responsibility for making this software and date flow right., and you are finding the basics to be shocking.  Come to think of it, I am declaring two potential grievances.  I am going to write about those elsewhere.  What I  want to say now i if you are looking for exporting data, you are in the right and wrong place,.

0 Kudos