Help creating Linear Referenced data in ArcGIS Online for Field Maps

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

I've been reading and experimenting with Linear Referencing in ArcGIS Pro. I have managed to create a Route layer as well as point and line Route Event Layers. Now I want to publish these to ArcGIS Online for use in Field Maps (to view and for data collection). To me, it sounds like this should be possible (see here: Collect measurement data in the field (esri.com)) , but I'm finding it hard to find literature, and not succeeding in publishing the Event Layers. I suceeded in publishing the event table, but once in ArcGIS Online, can't figure out how to link the 2 to display the Route Events in the Map Viewer. 

Can anyone provide any useful information on the specifics of creating Linear Referenced datasets in ArcGIS Online for use in Field Maps?

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1714631860272.png

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_3-1714632492839.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

Came back from a camping weekend hoping to see something here, but alas there isn't! Can someone at least confirm if I'm correct in assuming that Field Maps can display and interrogate a linear referenced dataset (with the Find Measure tool) but can't create LRS data in associated tables?

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos