Select to view content in your preferred language

Offline Maps doesn't update

3 weeks ago
LineChampagne
New Contributor II

Hi,

We are experiencing a problem with the update of Offline Maps in ArcGIS Field Maps. I am wondering if someone else has encountered a similar behavior.

We have put in place a process that allow us to update Feature Service Views using a script that redirect the source of the View from one Feature Service to an updated Feature Service. The services are hosted in AGOL. This redirection allows us to update the View with no down time. Using this method, the replicas created for Offline Maps are preserved and the synchronization doesn’t fail.

The problem we are experiencing is when we try to update the Offline Maps in Field Maps, the updated data doesn’t show up. We are updating the Offline Map area with Field Maps Designer with no error.

If the edits are done directly in the Web Maps on the other hand, the changes show up in Field Maps.

Anybody would know what could cause this behavior?

Thanks,

Line Champagne

Hydro-Quebec, Canada

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Did you just update the offline areas in FM Designer, or did you re-create them?

See here for similar, though not sure you update method is schema change or not.

R_

0 Kudos
LineChampagne
New Contributor II

We are updating. The schema didn't change.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Did you try the re-create option?

R_

0 Kudos
LineChampagne
New Contributor II

I believe if we re-create, the Field users will have to download the Offline Map again. If they have added/edited items that are not synchronized we will loose those.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

I don't currently have a test dataset that I can change the schema of but tested this with edits in Field Maps app.

If I re-create the offline area (that was previously downloaded to iOS device), then on the iOS device, I choose sync, it will sync the local edits back to the HFS, then re-download the newly created Offline area with all updates/edits.  I tested this by re-creating before syncing edits from the field device as well as after.  Neither lost any data.

As always, can be risky and normally test with a copy of the map/data, but to be safe, would also coordinate a sync with all users first just to be safe.

R_

0 Kudos