Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding new fields/questions in forms to Field Maps causing the offline maps error "The form contains unsupported data"

Jump to solution
07-05-2023 02:25 PM
LayerItOn
Occasional Contributor

Adding new fields/questions in forms to Field Maps causing the offline maps to say "The form contains unsupported data" when trying to add new data. 

I added the fields last week and they were working fine for me and the team. But this week it stopped working. I checked the troubleshooting logs and it pointed me to my two most recently added fields. 

When I delete those fields, the offline area maps work again. When I add them back in, it stops working again. 

It works fine while using the online map in Field Maps, but my team will be offline. My app and the team's apps are updated to the newest version for Field Maps. 

Since it was working for me last week and suddenly has stopped, and that I can fix the problem by deleting the newest added fields and recreate the problem by added new fields again makes me think that this is a bug. Perhaps there was a new app update this week? 

LayerItOn_2-1688592199022.png

LayerItOn_1-1688592062067.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Did you Update the offline areas, or, 'Recreate' them?

You said you added fields, so, schema change:

"Recreate

Re-creating the offline map area differs from updating the offline map area. When you use the Recreate action, it deletes all packages associated with the map area and re-creates them based on the offline map area's settings.

The primary reason to re-create a map area is to pick up schema changes that have occurred after you created the offline map area. For example, if you add or delete a field or change an attribute value list or range (domains), you must re-create the offline map area to pick up those changes."

R_

View solution in original post

6 Replies
alex_mapintel
New Contributor III

I wonder if this problem is related to replicas. For example the replica schema that is used to sync offline data back to the source data doesn't match. The offline replica will be missing the newly added fields which throws an error. 

LayerItOn
Occasional Contributor

Redownloaded offline areas, but still getting the error. 

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Did you re-create and re-download your offline areas after altering the schema of the dataset?

R_

0 Kudos
LayerItOn
Occasional Contributor

Yes, everything redownloaded for offline areas. Made sure to update the offline areas in Field Maps Designer as well

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Did you Update the offline areas, or, 'Recreate' them?

You said you added fields, so, schema change:

"Recreate

Re-creating the offline map area differs from updating the offline map area. When you use the Recreate action, it deletes all packages associated with the map area and re-creates them based on the offline map area's settings.

The primary reason to re-create a map area is to pick up schema changes that have occurred after you created the offline map area. For example, if you add or delete a field or change an attribute value list or range (domains), you must re-create the offline map area to pick up those changes."

R_

LayerItOn
Occasional Contributor

That did the trick! Thank you so very much!

0 Kudos