Hover instead of click popup in WAB

01-18-2019 08:57 AM
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Looking to allow the user to hover their mouse over a point to see the popup, instead of clicking on it. Is this possible in WAB?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It is possible to do this for a specific layer through custom code but it is not possible to just switch all the maps popups to use hover instead of click or even a wise direction to consider.

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

Yes that is what I want to achieve. Do you have a sample of how to incorporate this into my existing app?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sorry I do not as I still think this is a poor development decision.

0 Kudos
joerodmey
MVP Alum

I just want to do it for one layer as requested by my users

0 Kudos
CottenhamOpen
New Contributor II

I'm curious (Not challenging) why is it a poor dev solution? Client sees it on Google and wants it here? Andrew aka :monkey: Curious George 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I am not sure how Goggle handles this behind the scenes, but with esri this would cause a very chatty application (meaning requests to the server every time the mouse coordinates are changed).

0 Kudos
RyanKelso
Occasional Contributor III

It's a feature that some people want and there's nothing wrong with that.  The problem is poor (lack of) support/implementation in the API because it's one of those things all-knowing esri doesn't think you need.  The solution is a bit hackish because of this, but custom implementation is possible on a layer-by-layer basis if you are ok with using feature layers, which is a problem because IMHO they are not a fully mature feature.

0 Kudos
CottenhamOpen
New Contributor II
Hi Ryan, it's firmly on the Json to do list. Thanks. I'm meeting Andrew
later this morning and he most likely, or I will get back to you

Best, Terry
0 Kudos