eSearch Query not working for some expressions

Jump to solution
02-16-2016 01:46 PM
TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

Using the eSearch expression configuration, I am able to build my queries.  The problem is that some work and others don't.

For example:

CVTTAXDESCRIPTION = 'CITY OF BIRMINGHAM'              9000+ records

SCHOOLDESCRIPTION ='BIRMINGHAM CITY SCH'           0 records                                                        
CLASSDESCRIPTION = 'RES IMP (INCLUDES PRIOR SI-SUBURBAN IMP.)'      0 records                                   
Upper(NEIGHBORHOODCODE) =Upper('36H')                                                       200+

The ones returning 0 records return the message "No results" immediately.  It's confusing because as you can see below, SCHOOLDESCRIPTION ='BIRMINGHAM CITY SCH' should produce results.  And furthermore, CVTTAXDESCRIPTION = 'CITY OF BIRMINGHAM' does produce results.

Do you have any idea what I may be missing?

Tom

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

If you were to add this search expression using the widgets GUI and the field is a type string the the SQL generated by the GUI would normally be:

Upper(SCHOOLDESCRIPTION) = Upper('[value]')

You may want to use the contains option in the GUI which would result in a SQL expression like this:

Upper(SCHOOLDESCRIPTION) LIKE Upper('%[value]%')

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tom,

If you were to add this search expression using the widgets GUI and the field is a type string the the SQL generated by the GUI would normally be:

Upper(SCHOOLDESCRIPTION) = Upper('[value]')

You may want to use the contains option in the GUI which would result in a SQL expression like this:

Upper(SCHOOLDESCRIPTION) LIKE Upper('%[value]%')

0 Kudos
TomLeMahieu
New Contributor II

Robert,

That fixed it!  Thanks!!

Tom

0 Kudos