Entire Service Line Status* question

Jump to solution
02-27-2023 12:42 PM
Labels (1)
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, I am new to the Lead Service Line Inventory solution, which I have deployed to ArcGIS Online.  I have a question(s) after watching the webinar, "Advances in Creating a Lead Service Line Inventory," dated February 1, 2023.  At about minute 21:33, Lead Service Line Editor browser app, they mention the field, 'Entire Service Line Status' is required.  At about minute 22:55, in the Lead Service Line Field Map app, the 'Entire Service Line Status' field is mentioned again as required, and that it is an expression calculation from attributes in the Utility Side and the Customer Side groups.  I am assuming the calculation is using the Utility Status and Customer Status fields, is this correct?  If correct, then back in the Lead Service Line Editor, is the 'Entire Service Line Status' field also calculated from the Utility Status and Customer Status fields, or do I have to select the value from the drop-down list explicitly?  If I enter a status for each, the 'Entire Service....' field does not populate automatically in the LS Line Editor.  I have not tried this in Pro.  Thanks in advance, Jay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Jay,

The Entire Service Line Status field is only calculated automatically in ArcGIS Field Maps. This is a product of using an expression in form calculations. As configured, The field will not be automatically calculated in the Lead Service Line Editor webapp or the Pro Project. For those applications, the value needs to added manually.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlexKabak
Esri Contributor

Hi Jay,

The Entire Service Line Status field is only calculated automatically in ArcGIS Field Maps. This is a product of using an expression in form calculations. As configured, The field will not be automatically calculated in the Lead Service Line Editor webapp or the Pro Project. For those applications, the value needs to added manually.

ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

Wow, thanks for asking that question Jay. That's an important workflow limitation that needs to be emphasized upfront. Alex, thanks for providing clarification. It would be great to see some of this documented.