Best practices for the implementation of three water utilities

Jump to solution
01-17-2024 10:34 AM
Labels (3)
MarilynOrtegaRivera
New Contributor II

Hello Community!

Is there any documentation about best practices for the implementation of three water utilities: water distribution, stormwater and wastewater?

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Marilyn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few case studies from customers who have implemented multiple domains of water but if you reach out to your account manager, they should be able to find other customers/ case studies.

You can also look at some of the water/wastewater/stormwater customer presentations from the ArcGIS Utility Network video channel for examples of customers who have been successful with the different domains.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Each of these utilities has a separate solution you can download from Esri that contains a project, data model, instructions for implementation, and sample data. Depending on the level of sophistication of your GIS you'll need to decide between implementing the Data Management solution or the Utility Network solution for each of these commodities. This is discussed in detail in this presentation from IMGIS this year: https://mediaspace.esri.com/media/t/1_3hn07zzc/246131802 .

If you do end up choosing the utility network, which is required to do network and analysis, you will want to look at the resources available through the Learn ArcGIS Utility Network for Water Utilites learning series. This series includes many articles and hands-on tutorial for water data that you can use to better understand the water utility network solution.

MarilynOrtegaRivera
New Contributor II

Appreciate your feedback Robert,

I already downloaded the Esri solutions for each of the utilities.

I wanted to know if there are some case study or documentation of companies that have implemented the three utilities, where recommendations or best practices can be found?

I have searched the blogs, but I have not found anything this specific.

I will review the learning series resources you sent. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few case studies from customers who have implemented multiple domains of water but if you reach out to your account manager, they should be able to find other customers/ case studies.

You can also look at some of the water/wastewater/stormwater customer presentations from the ArcGIS Utility Network video channel for examples of customers who have been successful with the different domains.

MarilynOrtegaRivera
New Contributor II

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos