Trace downstream broken

2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
h2e_nwilson
New Contributor II

Hello,

The trace downstream tool under "Ready to Use Tool" appears to be broken. Not sure if it's due to a recent update, but I've been using this tool for years and never had any issues. Running ArcPro 3.2.2. Running the tool against 1 point feature per go, and I've tried different data source resolutions and still it just won't run. The "view details" tab also just states "there are no new messages", when in the past, it's always shown the progress data. After about 30+ min, the analysis just fails without explanation. Any ideas on troubleshooting???

thanks,

N.W.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
h2e_nwilson
New Contributor II

for more info/context

h2e_nwilson_0-1714518006411.png

0 Kudos
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor

please try again.  i observed the same problem behavior after your initial post but after trying it now, it seems that the service is back on.

0 Kudos
h2e_nwilson
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response, Dean. Unfortunately the service still isn't working on my end. It just sits on "Running" forever and produces nothing and kicks out no messages. Also what I find odd is that i'm able to close out of the project very quickly while the analysis is "Running" and it closes without issue, which is odd because in the past arcpro would hesitate for a bit and freeze up since it was in the middle running the analysis. It just seems like the process isn't even booting up or something and just sits and spins forever. Unsure what to do. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application to no avail. Along with all the simple reboots to my PC and such.

0 Kudos
DeanDjokic
Esri Contributor

the problem is not in the app/client consuming the service, but the service itself.  it seems that it has been experiencing intermittent failure.  as you noted, it was down again.  then was working again (and is still working).  give it a shot, and thanks for your patience while this is being resolved.

h2e_nwilson
New Contributor II

Thanks, Dean. Everything appears to be running smoothly now.

0 Kudos