SwizzleService Failed when publishing Trace Network Service

08-09-2022 02:17 AM
EvelynHsu
New Contributor III

Using ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1, postgreSQL database registered to the server.

When publishing Trace Network service to arcgis enterprise, received the following errors:

• In Share As Web Layer GP tool messages (attached picture): Failed to update the published service with server-side data location.
  • In ArcGIS Server log messages (attached picture): SwizzleService Failed. DoAfterSDExtraction failed. CreateServiceWrapperfailed. Updating the server connection string for layer failed. Please verify the data exists on the server.
  • In ArcGIS server DataValidator log (attached picture): The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized. Invalid connection property. []

I've checked that the database was properly registered to server, was able to publish a normal feature class from the same connection string and same feature dataset to the portal. Also digged deep into the server logs but couldn't find anything else useful.

While troubleshooting, I went back to use Pro 2.9.0 and set up another trace network dataset, and had no issue publishing it to Enterprise 10.9.1. 

I repeated the process several times: uninstalled Pro 2.9.0 and re-installed Pro 3.0, the issue was there; uninstalled Pro 3.0 and re-installed Pro 2.9.0, the issue was gone. A new trace network dataset was created every time to do the testing using a script tool (automated trace network dataset creation and data import).

I read that Trace Network created in 3.0 does not work with 2.x. (link: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/migrate-2x-to-3.htm). Does it also mean that it can't be published to Enterprise 10.9.1? Any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexThurstlic
New Contributor

@EvelynHsu 

What is the version of the trace network being shared? (Properties of a trace network can be accessed from both the Contents and Catalog panes in ArcGIS Pro and the trace network version property is located in the 'General' section of the Trace Network tab)

The trace network version is determined solely by the version of ArcGIS Pro used to create the trace network dataset. ArcGIS Pro 3.0.x creates a version 3 trace network (see the ArcGIS platform compatibility for trace network section of the following help doc):

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/trace-network/trace-network-dataset-administratio...

As specified in the above document, a Trace network version 3 is compatible with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.0 and later. Earlier client software versions cannot open later trace network datasets so ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 cannot be used to share a Trace Network version 3.

0 Kudos