Publish Trace as a web tool for use in WAB

07-25-2023 01:33 AM
ECarson
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to publish Trace as a web tool to utilize the WAB Network Trace widget.

The Trace tool will run successfully when using the feature service, but when trying to publish the geoprocessing tool it says that the "Data source used by the Task Trace is not registered with the server and will be copied to the server: ". I don't want it copied twice as its already a feature service?

If I use the sde feature class directly the error is "ERROR 002137: This operation is not supported in client-server mode."

Can someone provide some direction on what I'm not doing correctly or another approach that they have successfully configured?

All help is appreciated.

Regards,

Elliott

7 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@ECarson Here's an example of the steps to publish the geoprocessing service that can be used in the WAB Network Trace widget: https://solutions.arcgis.com/water/help/water-outage/get-started/generate-data-and-publish-trace.htm.

The widget cannot consume the feature service, it needs a published geoprocessing service.

ECarson
New Contributor II

A bit more on this issue.

I have a successful published Trace Network, I can run a Trace on this network and it performs as expected.

I can Share the previously run Trace tool as a web tool. When I do share this tool whether I select the options Reference registered data or Copy all data the Analyze function produces the following warning 24032: Data source used by tool Task Trace is not registered with the server and will be copied to the server: xxxx Trace Network.

After the Trace web tool has been shared, if I run it directly from the rest endpoint or from Pro as a tool I get the same error from both operations:

• esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Submitted.
  • esriJobMessageTypeInformative: Executing...
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: ERROR 000840: The value is not a String.
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid.
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid.
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: ERROR 000800: The value is not a member of No direction | Upstream path | Downstream path.
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: ERROR 000800: The value is not a member of Both junctions and edges | Junctions only | Edges only.
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: ERROR 000800: The value is not a member of New selection | Add to the current selection | Remove from the current selection | Select subset from the current selection | Switch the current selection.
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: ERROR 000840: The value is not a String.
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid. ERROR 000584: Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid.
  • esriJobMessageTypeError: Failed.

I've attached a few images of the inputs for the rest end point submission and tool run via pro.

If anyone could provided any helpful advice it would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Elliott 

0 Kudos
MargoHuang
New Contributor II

Hi Elliott,

Have you figured this out yet? We are having the same exact issue. When I tried to share the successfully run Trace as a web tool, it says source data is not registered. Blow is what we have - 

• We have a successfully published Trace Network.
  • I put the Trace tool in a model and ran it successfully. The model is located on our server.
  • I have the start point and barrier layers pointed to a file geodatabase on the server.

When I tried to share the model as a web tool, it gave me the warning. And it seems like it is referencing a model located in a temporary folder on my local drive. It just doesn't make sense to me. I am hoping to see if anyone has figured out a way to trace Trace Network features on a web application.

Best,

Margo

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@ECarson Just wanted to add that the WAB Network Trace widget only supports geoprocessing services created from a Geometric Network, the Trace Network is not supported.

0 Kudos
MargoHuang
New Contributor II

@AlixVezina Is there a way to trace Trace Network features in a web application? We can't seem to find any documentation about this. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

There currently aren't any web applications that support tracing the Trace Network. I believe your only option at this time is ArcGIS Pro or custom development against the REST endpoint Trace—ArcGIS REST APIs | ArcGIS Developers

MargoHuang
New Contributor II

Thank you! This is good to know.

0 Kudos