Presence-only Prediction (Maxent) - Reporting AUC Values?

11-27-2023 02:11 PM
UNI_student
New Contributor

When I run the Presence-only Prediction (Maxent) tool in ArcGIS Pro, the Area Under the Receiver Operating Characteristic Curve (AUC) value from the cross-validation test appears in the geoprocessing messages. However, I cannot find the AUC value in any of the tool's outputs. The "Output Response Curve Plot" produces an "ROC Plot" graph, but no accompanying AUC value. Is there a way/a place to find the AUC value in an output table or graph produced by the Presence-only Prediction tool?

I am running the tool for multiple species over multiple years, and I am using the Python script of this tool in Notebooks in order to run the model iteratively. I need to report the AUC value of each model without running the tool in the dialog box and physically recording the AUC value for each run.

Let me know if there is a work-around, or if the AUC is only reported in the geoprocessing messages after running the tool. I would really appreciate anyone's input on this. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't use notebooks, but I am wondering if you have tried

print(arcpy.GetMessages())

It should return the informative outputs of the last tool used,

You might also try the python window within Pro to see if the behaviour is different than in a notebook

... sort of retired...
UNI_student
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thank you! The print message may be the best work around, it returned the AUC values in Notebooks.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Glad it worked.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos