coordinate system in the project Site Scan

Jump to solution
02-22-2024 09:38 AM
LeidyGarcia
New Contributor

Is there a way to create and assign a local coordinate system in the project and Site  Scan GCPs?
I try from project settings but I can only select global coordinate systems such as EPSG 32618, but I cannot find, for example, EPSG: 6247 MAGNA/SIRGAS Bogota, which does appear in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Yes, if you use Ground Control Points. You can upload your Ground Control Points in a Custom Coordinate system, and your outputs will be generated in that same coordinate system. 

Alternatively, you could perhaps use MAGNA-SIRGAS / Colombia Bogota zone, EPSG:3116 which is already supported in Site Scan, or generate your outputs in the local UTM zone then perform the transformation in ArcGIS Pro. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Yes, if you use Ground Control Points. You can upload your Ground Control Points in a Custom Coordinate system, and your outputs will be generated in that same coordinate system. 

Alternatively, you could perhaps use MAGNA-SIRGAS / Colombia Bogota zone, EPSG:3116 which is already supported in Site Scan, or generate your outputs in the local UTM zone then perform the transformation in ArcGIS Pro.