IMPORT_CAD_TO_SHAPEFILE

05-23-2023 11:45 AM
afrs10
by
New Contributor II

IMPORTS A CAD FILE, TRANSFORMS THE (CLOSED!!!) POLYGON FEATURES OF THE LAYER "Parcelamento_poligonal" INTO A FEATURE CLASS (POLYGON), ZOOMS TO THE STUDY AREA AND EXPORTS TO A SHAPEFILE FILE WITH THE SAME LAYER NAME, SAVING IT IN A SPECIFIC FOLDER, CHOOSE BY THE USER.

AFTER THAT, THE SCRIPT SHOWS TO THE USER TWO LAYERS, COMMON USED BY THE TECHNICIANS.

ps: avoid using spaces in working directories.

Tags (4)
3 Comments
HannesZiegler
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Thank you for sharing this script with us, it looks like you have created a custom script tool to import CAD files to a Shapefile. 

Is your intent to simply share this script tool with others? If so, please post this at the Esri Community forum rather than here. Otherwise, if you are suggesting a new feature for ArcGIS, we'd be happy to hear more context around it. 

afrs10
by
Hi Esri Community,

I would like to say thank you for the message, cause I was facing
difficulties in my intention.

So, I basically want to share my script with other developers to change
experiences and receive any suggestions to improve my script.

Where is the best place for that?

My best regards,
Alexandre

HannesZiegler
Status changed to: Closed

Hi Alexandre, thank you for your prompt reply!

The best place for sharing scripts and discussing topics related to ArcGIS is the Esri Community, specifically the "ArcGIS Pro Questions" section with the tag "arcpy."

Tag: "arcpy" in "ArcGIS Pro Questions" - Esri Community

It's important to note that ArcMap is no longer receiving significant development, and all current and future development efforts have transitioned to ArcGIS Pro.

Regarding this Python Ideas exchange forum where you are now, it is primarily meant for submitting feature ideas and suggestions to the development team. However, I'm glad you reached out, and I'd encourage you to participate in the Esri Community forum I mentioned earlier for more interactive discussions.

I'll go ahead and close this thread now, but feel free to head on over to the linked forum and post your discussion there. Thank you again for your contribution!