Creating XY Event Layer from SQL Server View Table

09-01-2023 12:02 PM
DMOB17
by
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if it is possible to share an XY event layer to your ArcGIS Server that is pointing to a SQL View table?

I have a view table in SSMS that I've created an XY event layer from. It only contains roughly 100 water sampling points across our city. Periodically our team will use a different software to update which sites are active/inactive and it would be great to have the XY event layer show these updates without any manual intervention on my part.

I've shared plenty of XY event layers before and all of them work great but the only difference here is that this XY layer points back to a view table.

My SDE account that I'm using to connect to the DB and to set up the datastore for this layer on ArcGIS Server Manager has full rights to this view table. When I try to publish the feature service it will not return any errors or warning, run for a while and then it always eventually fails. I usually get an error telling me to check the server logs and the following code ERROR 001487: Failed to update the published service with the server-side data location. Please see the server's log for more details.

When I check the server logs I see messages saying to ensure the data exists on the server. It's as if its not seeing the view table at all.

Any experience or advice on this matter is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Give it a try with Query layers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos