Oriented Imagery Viewer - Failed to fetch error.

Jump to solution
01-31-2024 11:38 AM
JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to get my feet wet with OI by adding some oblique drone photos to a an OI Dataset. The dataset appears to be created correctly and when I add images, they appear on the map and the fields are populated.

JillianStanford_0-1706726720924.png

When I use the Build OI Footprint tool, the footprints seem to be correct.

Two things I can't figure out:

1. I'm not able to toggle the "Footprints" and "Camera Locations" using the ribbon tools. They just appear as layers in the map.
  2. When I click explore images, no matter which image I try to view, I get the following error:
    JillianStanford_1-1706728505938.png

If I temporarily host the images on a public web server, and update their location in the "Image Path" field, the images appear in the viewer. So, I assume this is related to storing the images locally. The documentation states "The images can be in local storage or network storage, or they can be in publicly accessible cloud storage. ".
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Jill

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JillianStanford

Ah yes, now I see how those tools are meant to be used.

Thanks!

JillianStanford_0-1709052413484.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JillianStanford

I answered question #2 for myself.

I seems like there can be no spaces in the path to the image. Once I moved the images to a path with no spaces, they loaded into the viewer. I haven't seen this limitation in the documentation.

Still looking for insight into question #1.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
vickyduran_AerialSphere
New Contributor III

Hi Jill

Just to understand more the context to help you with question #1. Are you using Oriented Imagery Viewer in ArcGISpro or the online app version from ESRI to visualize the OIC?

Vicky

0 Kudos
JillianStanford

Hi Vicky,

I am using the ArcGIS Pro ribbon tools.

I can turn the footprints and camera locations on and off in the TOC but the "Show" buttons in the ribbon don't do anything.

Thanks!

JillianStanford_0-1706740106711.png

0 Kudos
vickyduran_AerialSphere
New Contributor III

Hi Jim

Unfortunately, I have the same issues with OI Datasets and OI Layers. For now, I still prefer to use Oriented Imagery Catalogs to display OI.

Vicky

0 Kudos
EmilyWindahl
Esri Contributor

Hi Jillian,

The Camera Locations and Footprints tools will show you blue graphics indicating the camera locations/footprints of other images that depict the point you clicked on the map. If the location you clicked only shows up in one image, you won't see any blue graphics showing additional coverage. That seems like it might be the case in the screenshot above; are you still seeing this issue if you click a spot on the map you know shows up in multiple images?

0 Kudos
JillianStanford

Ah yes, now I see how those tools are meant to be used.

Thanks!

JillianStanford_0-1709052413484.png

0 Kudos