Add images to Oriented Imagery Dataset null issue

Jump to solution
a month ago
Labels (1)
Matan3D
New Contributor

Hi.

I'm trying to add images to an Oriented Imagery Dataset. I created a csv file with image paths and metadata according to the schema in the documentation but when I add the data it only loads the images and leaves the rest of the metadata as null:

CSV file:

Matan3D_0-1711827168597.png

Dataset after adding images:

Matan3D_1-1711827327771.png

Trying to build footprints then results in 

ERROR 003761: Required property value is missing or invalid : Camera Heading

Any help would be appreciated.

*I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.2

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vickyduran_AerialSphere
New Contributor III

Hi @Matan3D 

Assuming that you are using the Add Images To Oriented Imagery Dataset tool from Geoprocessing and the CSV file you used as Input Data in the tool.

There are a couple of field names I would change from the Oriented imagery table (input data CSV file) you shared in your post based on the oriented imagery table schema from ESRI documentation:

• longitude should be replaced by X
  • latitude should be replaced by Y
  • Eliminate the field "Altitude" since you have CameraHeight
  • Add the SRS field

I also see that you did not include the fields HorizontalFieldOfView, VerticalFieldOfView, NearDistance, and FarDistance. Be aware that if the images you are using on the dataset do not have the appropriate metadata to generate the values for these parameters you might get null values for them as well.

Hope this helps.

Vicky

Note: It would be easier for me to troubleshoot the issue if you could share one image and the corresponding line of data from the .csv file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vickyduran_AerialSphere
New Contributor III

Hi @Matan3D 

Assuming that you are using the Add Images To Oriented Imagery Dataset tool from Geoprocessing and the CSV file you used as Input Data in the tool.

There are a couple of field names I would change from the Oriented imagery table (input data CSV file) you shared in your post based on the oriented imagery table schema from ESRI documentation:

• longitude should be replaced by X
  • latitude should be replaced by Y
  • Eliminate the field "Altitude" since you have CameraHeight
  • Add the SRS field

I also see that you did not include the fields HorizontalFieldOfView, VerticalFieldOfView, NearDistance, and FarDistance. Be aware that if the images you are using on the dataset do not have the appropriate metadata to generate the values for these parameters you might get null values for them as well.

Hope this helps.

Vicky

Note: It would be easier for me to troubleshoot the issue if you could share one image and the corresponding line of data from the .csv file.

Matan3D
New Contributor

That did the trick. I replaced longitude and latitude with X and Y and added HFOV and VFOV fields and now the csv file is being read correctly.

0 Kudos