Missing Offset property in HatchFillSymbolLayer

2 weeks ago
Labels (4)
TomasSchwandner
New Contributor II

Hi, as I am trying to create a MultilayerPolygonSymbol with two vertical lines of different colors I am unable to find property Offset inside HatchFillSymbolLayer class. Documentation says that I can modify it but I can't find it and without it lines overlap each other.

TomasSchwandner_0-1713157516840.png

What I want to achieve is red and green vertical lines inside polygon:

TomasSchwandner_1-1713157635012.png

I am using Arcgis SDK for .NET with Xamarin.Forms and WPF. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
HamishDuff
Esri Contributor

Hi @TomasSchwandner , thanks for your question.

Sorry for the confusion in the documentation. Currently this property is not exposed, however we have a bug logged internally to look into this.

If you're looking for a workaround for now, you can publish symbols with an offset in ArcGIS Pro and we will honor the offset in the ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET.

0 Kudos
TomasSchwandner
New Contributor II

Hi @HamishDuff ,

I have this symbol as JSON exported from I suppose ArcGIS Pro and in .NET when I use Symbol.FromJson, property offsetX is ignored. I'm providing this JSON as attachment. Extension is .txt as .json is not permitted.

Thank you

0 Kudos
HamishDuff
Esri Contributor

Hi @TomasSchwandner thanks for the attached file. 

I tested your JSON and made an additional copy without the offset to compare it to. 

Sorry, you are correct I can see it is not honoring the offset. I'll make sure to capture this internally in our logged bug. 

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
TomasSchwandner
New Contributor II

Hi @HamishDuff ,

thank you. Could you please provide an estimated timeframe for resolving this bug and when the next version will be released? And also if this bug resolution will be included inside older version that works with Xamarin.Forms. It is quite crucial for us.

Thank you

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

> And also if this bug resolution will be included inside older version that works with Xamarin.Forms

Note that Microsoft is retiring support for Xamarin.Forms on May 1st (less than one week from now).

0 Kudos