Bug in ESRI.ArcGIS runtime version 200

Jump to solution
12-04-2022 04:05 AM
haiguanyang
New Contributor

1.when create new runtime geodatabase,the file path like C:\\outdir\\123点.geodatabase  or  C:\\outdir\\123线.geodatabase  or  C:\\outdir\\123面.geodatabase,it's will tip file exists, but really not,the file name can't like *点.geodatabase、*线.geodatabase、*面.geodatabase

2.when load *.slpk in scene viewer,the file path not support chinese character

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

Thank you for sharing the code and data!  I was able to reproduce both problems. I passed details to our engineering teams.  Unfortunately it's too late to fix these before 200.0.0 release, but I have some workaround ideas:

• For the Geodatabase issue, the problem happens when any non-ASCII character is in the filename.  Folder names do not have the same limitation.  The problem can be avoided by setting Windows system locale to English (en-US).
  • For the SLPK problem, the only workaround is to only use unreserved URI characters (ASCII letters, digits, and characters "-" / "." / "_" / "~") in the file path.  Currently, any character that is subject to percent-encoding will cause problems.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

You mentioned `123点.geodatabase `, `123线.geodatabase` work but `*点.geodatabase` does not. It is actually not a ArcGIS runtime issue. It is actually the windows file naming convention that prohibits use of asterisk * in the file name. For more info about reserved keywords please see the Microsoft documentation.

Side note: I tried creating a geodatabase `@点.geodatabase` and that worked ok.

0 Kudos
haiguanyang
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your feedback.

But you did not understand the problem I said, I will provide a project and the necessary data to show these 4 problems, it is real.

0 Kudos
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

Thank you for sharing the code and data!  I was able to reproduce both problems. I passed details to our engineering teams.  Unfortunately it's too late to fix these before 200.0.0 release, but I have some workaround ideas:

• For the Geodatabase issue, the problem happens when any non-ASCII character is in the filename.  Folder names do not have the same limitation.  The problem can be avoided by setting Windows system locale to English (en-US).
  • For the SLPK problem, the only workaround is to only use unreserved URI characters (ASCII letters, digits, and characters "-" / "." / "_" / "~") in the file path.  Currently, any character that is subject to percent-encoding will cause problems.
0 Kudos