Authentication required for Geodatabase Sync

04-26-2022 09:48 AM
JohnFannon
Occasional Contributor III

Hi

I've tried to implement a download of a mobile geodatabase from an ArcGIS Online feature service followed by a sync based on the sample at https://developers.arcgis.com/net/uwp/sample-code/edit-and-sync-features/.

I have set the feature service as public (for testing) and the initial download using GenerateGeodatabase works ok, without any authentication. However, when I then try to perform a sync (download only) I'm getting prompted for ArcGIS credentials. If I enter credentials it just continues to prompt, then if I cancel I get an error as follows:

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISServerException: 'Service error code 401: Unable to synchronize replica.
Details:
No permission to edit replica data : 96f78289-48df-4a19-9b4c-02352c905a44.'

So I have some questions:

1) Why does sync require credentials when download doesn't - even though the service is public?

2) The licensing documentation suggests both download and sync are available with a Lite license, which uses an API key. If the feature service was secured, what is the correct way to provide credentials if the app does not use a named user? Should we use application authentication?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
0 Replies