Error trying to use raster calculator and classify the output with ModelBuilder

11-29-2023 02:43 PM
PerryScott
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to model water depths in ponds using elevation rasters collected with lidar when the ponds were dry and staff gauge elevations of the current water level in the ponds. I use the water level elevation from the staff guage and subtract the elevation raster setting anything less than zero to null value. I then take the output from the raster calculator and reclass by table to classify the raster into six depth profiles labeled 1-6 for a habitat suitability model. I am trying to automate this process using model builder and am getting the following error:

EERROR 010240: Could not save raster dataset to dp_%Name% with output format GRID.

I have tried changing my file type, saving to different drives, and changing the scratch and current workspace to separate folders. I have included a picture of my model, the error message I am getting, and the python code generated from ModelBuilder. Any help would be appreciated. 

Error.PNG

model.PNG

Python.png 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

try saving to *.tif format

010240: Could not save raster dataset to <value> with output format <value>.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentat...

and ensure that the G drive is a real drive and not a usb or other

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Your model is using inline variable substitution as you have %Name% at the end of the raster dataset name. But nowhere in your model do you have a variable called Name with a value to substitute into. Add a text variable called Name to your model, fill it with simple text, e.g. water and the output raster will ultimate be called dp_water.

0 Kudos