Empty FMV Toolbox

08-05-2016 07:44 AM
Labels (1)
BenGultch1
New Contributor II

It seems no matter what I do when installing, I always end up with an empty toolbox. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DouglasRidenour
New Contributor III

Ben, two questions:

If you right click on ArcToolbox and add the FMV toolbox manually from the System Toolboxes does it remain empty? 

What version FMV Tool and ArcGIS For Desktop are you using?

Doug

0 Kudos
BenGultch1
New Contributor II

Yesit remains empty, that is also how I had to add it originally to see the toolbox

FMV tool is 1.3 and using ArcGIS 10.3

Thanks

0 Kudos
DouglasRidenour
New Contributor III

Ben,

I have run into this issue once when I didn't uninstall an earlier FMV version before updating to a new version (I sure didn't save the time I thought I would) . Uninstalling the add-in step by step as described in the user manual and reinstalling the add-in fixed it. The versions were different than you are having an issue with however, so your mileage may vary. You could also try uninstalling the add-in and upgrading to 1.3.1 which will work with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3 and has some performance enhancements so I'd definitely recommend that if you can . If you continue to get the empty tool-box there may be a deeper issue and I'd contact Esri tech support directly for deeper trouble shooting.