Prevent Users from Creating Feature Datasets

Jump to solution
12-04-2023 01:16 PM
JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

We have a new Oracle SDE set up and we are trying to figure out why a named user account is able to create Feature Datasets. They are unable to create Feature Classes.

We want to prevent the named user from being able to create a Feature Dataset. Is there a privilege that needs to be revoked in order for this to happen?

Thanks,

Josh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a known limitation and there is already an enhancement request logged for this.

Currently, there is no estimate if this will be implemented or when.

ENH-000152620 - Enterprise Geodatabase Editor & Viewer Users Shall Not Create Featuredatasets and Domains

Please, open a ticket with Esri Technical Support and request the enhancement as well, if more customers ask for the enhancement, then it increases the changes that the enhancement might get implemented.

I also want to clarify that the there is no current workaround for this issue. The changes need to be made in the application code, there is nothing in the database side, like permissions that we can set to prevent this from happening.

Visit my community.esri.com blog for more database best practices for Oracle Enterprise Geodatabases.

Mapping and Charting Solutions (MCS) Enterprise Databases Best Practices

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a known limitation and there is already an enhancement request logged for this.

Currently, there is no estimate if this will be implemented or when.

ENH-000152620 - Enterprise Geodatabase Editor & Viewer Users Shall Not Create Featuredatasets and Domains

Please, open a ticket with Esri Technical Support and request the enhancement as well, if more customers ask for the enhancement, then it increases the changes that the enhancement might get implemented.

I also want to clarify that the there is no current workaround for this issue. The changes need to be made in the application code, there is nothing in the database side, like permissions that we can set to prevent this from happening.

Visit my community.esri.com blog for more database best practices for Oracle Enterprise Geodatabases.

Mapping and Charting Solutions (MCS) Enterprise Databases Best Practices

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @MarceloMarques !

0 Kudos