Hello, I'm new member of the YPN, and I want to introduce myself.

Jump to solution
03-26-2024 04:52 AM
Labels (1)
HBThiliniPrathibaniJayathilaka
New Contributor II

I graduated from the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, with a BA in Geography, and I followed my MSc in GIS Remote Sensing at the University of Peradeniya in Sri Lanka. Now I am reading for my Ph.D. at Henan University in China. I applied GIS to various sectors such as crimes, accidents, water quality, air pollution, climate change, etc,. So I am happy to join this network, and I love to share my knowledge and learn new things from this network.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KaitlynEsman
New Contributor III

Hi.  Could you explain more on how you applied GIS to crime?  I was once interested in forensic sciences and still enjoy seeing the many tools used to prevent crime or gain justice.

View solution in original post

KaitlynEsman
New Contributor III

Thank you! I will read your paper later. The hotspot analysis seems fascinating. I regret not being aware of GIS during my academic years. It would have been beneficial for my research paper on hacker behaviors and network security. The hotspot analysis and visual map could have added valuable information to my research work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KaitlynEsman
New Contributor III

Hi.  Could you explain more on how you applied GIS to crime?  I was once interested in forensic sciences and still enjoy seeing the many tools used to prevent crime or gain justice.

HBThiliniPrathibaniJayathilaka
New Contributor II

I did crime analysis for my BA final thesis. There is a spatial and temporal analysis we can use for crimes. In my research, I did a spatial analysis (crime density, hotspot analysis) and for temporal I made data clocks using a tracking analysis tool. At that time, I used Arc GIS 10.5. if you want to know more details, you can read my paper.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342987796_EXAMINE_THE_SPATIAL_AND_TEMPORAL_PATTERN_OF_CRIME...

I am happy to about your interest. If you want more information don't feel hesitated to contact me

KaitlynEsman
New Contributor III

Thank you! I will read your paper later. The hotspot analysis seems fascinating. I regret not being aware of GIS during my academic years. It would have been beneficial for my research paper on hacker behaviors and network security. The hotspot analysis and visual map could have added valuable information to my research work.

0 Kudos