Our Top Picks to Grow Your GIS Skills | April 2024 Esri Training News

3 weeks ago
KatieSmith
Esri Regular Contributor
5 0 706

KatieSmith_0-1712853175562.png

Green growth is emerging underfoot and all around us—clear evidence that the seasonal cycle of renewal is underway. If professional growth is on your mind, new options to expand your ArcGIS horizons (and a couple of fan favorites) are available at Esri Academy. We hope to see you there.

KatieSmith_1-1712853216508.png

Would You Like to Be an Arcade Wizard?

Our new course can show you how. In two days, learn essential concepts of the ArcGIS Arcade expression language and build skills to customize map labels and pop-ups; create field calculations; enable data validation; and leverage Arcade expressions across the ArcGIS system, including in ArcGIS Dashboards.

Explore Course Details →

KatieSmith_2-1712853283827.png

Mad about MOOCs

Fans of our no-cost massive open online courses (MOOCs) don't need a bracket to get in on this spring's head-to-head lineup. Two of our most popular courses return for another round of action-packed learning. Gain insight (and inside the paint tips) from experts, explore real-world examples, and hone your GIS skills in step-by-step exercises. Access to ArcGIS software is provided and each course includes a certificate for completion. By all odds, you'll love the experience.

Cartography.
April 3–May 15
Secure Your Spot →

GIS for Climate Action
May 1–June 12
Secure Your Spot →

KatieSmith_3-1712853319054.png

Learn a Lot in One Hour

In our no-cost live training seminar series, subject matter experts share concepts and best practices, demonstrate software workflows, and answer questions from the audience. Each one-hour seminar is presented twice, at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. (PT).

May 2: Get Started with Survey123 Connect

Discover how to build customized smart forms that include sophisticated functionality for data capture using the Survey123 Connect form designer, included with ArcGIS Survey123. Register now.

June 13: Python Tips and Tricks for ArcGIS

Learn how Python can automate repetitive tasks and complex workflows, and get more ArcGIS-supported work done in less time. Be prepared to leave with at least one tip you can put into practice right away. Register now

KatieSmith_4-1712853379142.pngHaven’t attended a live training seminar yet? Explore a new topic in one (or all) of these seminar recordings:

- Introducing ArcGIS Experience Builder
 - ArcGIS Arcade Essentials
 - Bring Your Imagery to Life with ArcGIS Reality
 - What's New in ArcGIS Pro 3.2
 - Analysis in ArcGIS Online
 - Get Started with Field Maps Designer

KatieSmith_5-1712853421792.png

Calling All My Esri Administrators

Performing License Administration in My Esri is a new, no-cost web course for My Esri administrators who need an introduction to the website and the process to download and license ArcGIS software products. Tip: This is an ideal follow-on to our My Esri 101 course.

Take the Course →

KatieSmith_6-1712853466231.png

New Certification Exams Are Here

Achieving an Esri technical certification showcases your GIS and ArcGIS expertise and desire to grow professionally. If you’re thinking about earning a certification, this short video is our go-to source for exam-preparation tips.

Exam appointments for these new certifications are now available:

ArcGIS Online Administration Associate 2024
ArcGIS API for Python Associate 2024
ArcGIS Utility Network Associate 2024
GIS Fundamentals Foundation 2024*

*Available on April 22, 2024

Celebrating Certification Success

"Attaining an Esri technical certification has been a game-changer for my career."

—Zach Lawlor
Senior GIS Analyst

When Zach Lawlor learned that he had passed the ArcGIS Utility Network Specialty exam, he was filled with excitement. "Seeing the results of all of my rigorous research and studying provided me with such a happy feeling upon finding out the results,” he shared. “Being that the exam I took was such a complex one, receiving positive news that I passed was an amazing way to validate my skills and knowledge in the industry."

Are you thinking about professional development this year? Read Lawlor’s story for inspiration (and his study strategy).

5-Minute Skill-Builders

KatieSmith_7-1712853573716.png

Get Started with Map Viewer
Learn how to showcase your spatial data in this guided tour of Map Viewer in ArcGIS Online.
Play the Video →

KatieSmith_8-1712853605237.png

Connect to a Spatiotemporal Asset Catalog
Instructor Jon Kay shows the process to connect to a data pipeline of satellite imagery in ArcGIS Pro.
Play the Video →

KatieSmith_9-1712853630718.png

Enjoy the convenience of easy access to training when you need it. Purchase an Esri Training Pass.

About the Author
Katie Smith was born in the beautiful state of Minnesota and now resides in sunny Southern California. She is on the Esri Training Team and desires to help people learn about the fascinating world of GIS.