Is it possible to create subtype group layers on ArcGIS pro from the feature service from the ArcGIS portal enterprise?

Jump to solution
a month ago
RomuldKiobya
New Contributor III

I have attached the document below. I can't separate Assetgroups into independent layers. This causes all assetgroups in the electric device class to share all fields in the attribute table. My client asked why I can't separate them; for example, Electric Data Management from USA data has a subtypegroup layer. I answered that those subtype group layers from USA data were created from feature classes inside the file geodatabase and were done offline.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

I recommend you follow the Configure a map for the ArcGIS Utility Network tutorial to see how you can create a map that separates out the layers by subtype using subtype group layers.

Subtype group layers are supported on any kind of feature class, as long as it has subtypes. So if your data is in a feature service you can use the Add Data > Subtype Group Layer button to add each utility network layer in the service as a subtype group layer. This will allow you to set the field properties for each subtype as you desire.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

I recommend you follow the Configure a map for the ArcGIS Utility Network tutorial to see how you can create a map that separates out the layers by subtype using subtype group layers.

Subtype group layers are supported on any kind of feature class, as long as it has subtypes. So if your data is in a feature service you can use the Add Data > Subtype Group Layer button to add each utility network layer in the service as a subtype group layer. This will allow you to set the field properties for each subtype as you desire.