Survey123: Beyond the Basics

05-12-2020 01:44 PM
Labels (2)
RicklynHukriede
Esri Contributor

Survey123 for ArcGIS is a simple and intuitive form centric data gathering solution for creating, sharing, and analyzing surveys in three easy steps. Create smart forms with skip logic, defaults, support for multiple languages, and much more. Fully integrated with the ArcGIS platform, you can gather data in the field on any device, even when disconnected, and securely sync it to ArcGIS for further analysis. This webinar will showcase advanced tips for getting the most out of your surveys with some non-standard use cases.

Hosted by Kade Beem
See more Technical Workshops for National Government 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

It's misleading to claim that Survey123 can create forms with skip logic.

Survey 123 does not allow skip logic. Questions and sections can be hidden based on selected criteria. but they can never be skipped. This is most obvious when attempting to create multi page forms. In that instance the "skipped" pages display as blank pages that users are forced to scroll through to search for the occasional relevant page amongst them.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Laurence. What you are describing is a current limitation of Survey123 at the current release of 3.10. I am happy to report that starting at 3.11 non-relevant pages will no longer be shown as empty pages. Hope this helps. Thanks for taking the time to watch the webinar!

LaurenceTait
Occasional Contributor II

The presentation was enlightening, even if it didn’t solve the problem. Good job.

The solution you’re suggesting would be would be fantastic if it could be implemented. Is here a proposed date for the 3.11 release?

Thanks,

Laurie

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Laurie -

I don't have a date, but it's coming soon. I encourage you to join the Early Adopter Program to test the latest and greatest. They Survey123 is consistently adding new features and enhancements requested by the community. A new release candidate just dropped a few moments ago that includes:

BUG-000131564 / ENH-000127039 / ENH-000124248 - Pages that are not relevant (applied to begin group) display a blank page has been implemented.

Test is out and let us know what you think! Have a great day.

0 Kudos