Intergraph G/Technology Oracle Database

09-07-2011 09:55 AM
DavidBrett
New Contributor III
Anyone have any insight on exporting or directly linking into an Intergraph G/Technology Oracle database via ArcGIS with Data Interoperability Extension?

I created a spatial view and link as outlined here with no success:
http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Oracle-Spatial-Object#heading_toc_j_2
0 Kudos
10 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi David

GTech can be built on Oracle Spatial Relational, please check this aspect.

Regards
0 Kudos
DavidBrett
New Contributor III
Thanks Bruce.

I've tried using Oracle Spatial Relational and Oracle Spatial Object quick import and they both return the 'Retrieval failed'. I can connect using the Oracle Non-spatial option, so I know the tool is at least recognizing the database...just not the spatial components.

We're running G/Tech 10.1, which is now using the Oracle Spatial Objects as opposed to the previous versions using the spatial relational.
0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor
David

I'll ask around.  If anyone can help they will post here.

Regards
0 Kudos
SteveMacCabe
New Contributor
Hi David,
The 10.1 G/Technology model is as you mentioned - the Oracle Spatial Object model.  Text is handled a little differently and associated to oriented points (OGC), but the rest (Lines, Polygons) is native Oracle Spatial. You shouldn't have an issue reading/connecting with any of the data formats that get stored - a little work will be needed to get the text out.  What version of the Interopt are you using?  Are you able to connect to other Oracle Spatial Object Model Databases?
0 Kudos
DavidBrett
New Contributor III
Steve,

We have ArcGIS Data Interoperability 10.0 Build 6237 (20110302). Unfortunately, I only have the G/Tech Oracle Spatial Database to test.

FME Workbench:
Edition: Data Interoperability (node locked-crc)
Version: FME 2010 SP3 (20101013 - Build 6233 - WIN32)
Locale: en_US
Codepage: 1252 (ANSI - Latin I)
Home Directory: C:\Program Files\ESRI\Data Interoperability Extension\
0 Kudos
SteveMacCabe
New Contributor
Hi David,
Could you locate the log file for FME Interopt that is generated when you run your workspace and send it to support @ safe.com with ATTN Steve in the body.  We can then take a look at this and see what is happening. 

Thanks
Steve.
0 Kudos
DavidBrett
New Contributor III
Sent. Thanks Steve!
0 Kudos
RoxanaUrdea
New Contributor

Hi! I'm dealing with the same ERROR...

I'm trying to add an Interoperability Connection to an Oracle database(Oracle Locator) using Oracle Spatial Relational Format and I get this error:Error connecting to Oracle database: message was `ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied'. (serverType=`ORACLE8', serverName=`instance/database', userName=`user', password=`***', dbname=`')

Otherwise, if I choose Oracle Spatial format, I manage to connect with the same user and password but the data I retreive is incomplete.

Does anyone encountered this problem?There is something that I'm missing?

Thank you!

R

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Roxana

Oracle Locator uses Oracle Spatial storage, so the correct reader is Oracle Spatial Object.

It might take some digging in to retrieve what you need from the structure in Locator, please open a support call.

Regards

0 Kudos