Re: Is there a "GeoDash" option in esri's community website?

Jump to solution
01-22-2024 08:22 AM
BrandonA_CDPH
Occasional Contributor II

I want to put a vote of support for this. I think a lot of us are looking for or would be willing to provide gig work for our GIS skills  

The issue is around both sides being protected from issues. Some mechanism to make sure the poster of the gig is legit and will pay - as well as a way to guarantee the qualifications and completeness of the job before payment. 

There are several sources out there for gig work, but from my experience they tend to be a lot of noise and really hard to get jobs from and find the kind of skills you need. Something more focused on ESRI products and with a more “filtered” user base of ESRI community members would be great. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Hi @BrandonA_CDPH,

This is great feedback and I certainly appreciate your thoughts! I just commented on Bill's initial message which can be found here as well as below.

Thanks for the feedback! Your post was moved from the GIS Life Questions board to the Community feedback board since this is feedback related to the Esri Community platform.

Although this is an interesting idea, we'd like to emphasize that Esri Community is not a place where we'd provide job arrangements as this falls outside the scope of our platform's core objectives. We suggest utilizing the GIS Jobs board instead, where users can post job listings and continue any further engagement outside of Esri Community.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Hi @BrandonA_CDPH,

This is great feedback and I certainly appreciate your thoughts! I just commented on Bill's initial message which can be found here as well as below.

Thanks for the feedback! Your post was moved from the GIS Life Questions board to the Community feedback board since this is feedback related to the Esri Community platform.

Although this is an interesting idea, we'd like to emphasize that Esri Community is not a place where we'd provide job arrangements as this falls outside the scope of our platform's core objectives. We suggest utilizing the GIS Jobs board instead, where users can post job listings and continue any further engagement outside of Esri Community.

Brianna Ettley
BrandonA_CDPH
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you @BriannaEttley for the feedback.  Totally understand the different roles the Esri boards play vs job boards. Also, thank you for the link.

0 Kudos
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for understanding, @BrandonA_CDPH. You're very welcome! 

Brianna Ettley
0 Kudos