Hyperlink in a quote — Ending the quote removes spaces around hyperlink

01-14-2024 03:18 AM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Regarding Esri Community posts (questions and ideas):

There is an issue with hyperlinks in quotes.

Example:

I've pasted some text that contains a hyperlink into a quote. I hit enter, then hit the quote button to end the quote. The act of ending the quote has removed the spaces around the hyperlink.

I think that happens sometimes with bolded text too.

Could that issue be fixed? I don't want spaces to be removed around hyperlinks. Thanks.

Video:

Environment:

Windows 10; Google Chrome 120.0.6099.217 (Official Build) (64-bit)

4 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud, I've just done a bunch of testing to try and replicate this—both by responding to ideas and questions comments—but was unable to reproduce what you captured in your video. In all cases, spaces remained around the hyperlinked text and bold text when toggling the quote feature on and off. Are you still experiencing this?

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Hi@Bud, I've

Hi@Bud, I've

Hi@Bud, I've

@JesseCloutier Yes, I still see the issue.

Video:

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Ah, there we go. I see what the difference was. When copying and pasting text with a link that comes from within Esri Community (while keeping the formatting) I was able to replicate your experience. There doesn't seem to be an issue when copying text with a link from another source like Word or from Notepad and then adding the hyperlink. If you instead copy and paste from another source, or clean up the formatting by dropping it into Notepad, or past as Plain Text and then hyperlink, does that work? @SimiBasu, tagging you for visibility. 

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud  after analyzing this issue, we found out that this is a bug in the current platform that creates a  "&nbsp" (That is a space creating before and after the hyperlinks when the space bar is pressed). I am working with the vendor to see if this Bug can be fixed. But, as mentioned above the workaround for now is not to copy paste to avoid this issue as that creates a default &nbsp

SimiBasu_0-1707243647468.png

@JesseCloutier FYI