Receive email notifications for new private messages

01-20-2023 08:27 AM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Regarding: Esri Community > My settings > Preferences > Private Messenger

Bud_1-1674231804135.png

Bud_0-1674231716506.png

There is a setting called Receive email notifications for new private messages. I believe that setting is disabled by default.

A while back, I noticed I wasn't getting email notifications about private messages. So I enabled that setting.

But even with that setting enabled, I'm still not getting email notifications about private messages. So it seems like that setting isn't working properly. I checked my junk mail -- nothing there.

Could that issue be investigated?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud, you've identified an issue we very recently became aware of ourselves and are in the process of investigating with our platform vendor. We'll let you know when it's been resolved and apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. @SimiBasu, tagging you for visibility.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud 

Our platform vendor has confirmed that Private Messages not sending email notifications is a bug. Its updated in the Known Issues doc as well.  Because of where it falls on their prioritization list, we're anticipating that this will take some time to correct and don't have an ETA as of right now. I'm sorry to be sharing that this won't be a quick fix but want to make sure you are updated. Thank you.
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

FYI - I'm still not getting email notifications about private messages.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

For what it's worth, I got an email notification today about a private message. So that's good.

Bud_1-1704345492712.png

0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Thank you @Bud  for letting us know. So glad to hear you got an email notification and its working as expected. This fix was released on Dec 5, 2023 and was updated in the Known Issues.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

FYI - I got a private message reply from JesseCloutier 2 hours ago, but unfortunately, I didn’t get an email notification. I checked my junk folder too.

0 Kudos