Can my story map 'button' link to another story map but replace it and not open in a new tab?

06-11-2020 03:59 AM
MeganIsaacs
New Contributor II

I have 9 separate story maps which are all form the same topic.  I am trying out the new story map templates, in the past I have used classic.  These story maps are for an online exhibition.  The reason I have made them separate is because the user will access each story map through a virtual exhibition room.  On each story map (exhibition board) I have a button to say 'Next Board' which will link to the next story map: eg.

So the link on Next Board will be the URL for the next in sequence Story Map or Board 2 of the exhibition and so on.  'The Return to Main Room' will be a link to go back to the Virtual Room website.

Is there any way of getting the button URL to replace the tab your are on ie. not open on a new tab. By the time the user has finished reading the consultation boards (or story maps) he will have 9 tabs open, so I would prefer that each board is replaced by the next, I also have a button to go back to previous board.

Here is the link to the first board:  ArcGIS StoryMaps The Main Room link doesn't yet work.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Megan --- Check out Collections, it's a good way to group a set of stories together as chapters in a longer narrative. You can find them next to Stories at the top of the page when you log into ArcGIS StoryMaps, and you can learn more about them in this article.

Later this summer we'll be releasing some new navigation options for collections that might meet this project's needs even more closely, so keep an eye out for updates.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos