Bookmarks zoom filter in Shortlist storymap template

05-21-2020 01:35 AM
NourddineMaghmouli
New Contributor

Hi,

I ma working on a shortlist template story map, and I have few bookmarks in my web map, my aim is to use the bookmarks zoom area to filter what is displayed in Tabs, the Tab should show only the features displayed at that zoom level, is there a straight forward option to do this or it needs to be customized?

here is an example: San Diego Shortlist

Thanks

Noureddine  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Nourddine -- What you've described is the standard behavior of the shortlist template, unless you've turned it off in the general options.

Note that this feature is only active when you are viewing your shortlist story. In builder, you'll always see all of the places so you can more easily edit them.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
NourddineMaghmouli
New Contributor

Thanks Owen for the quick answer, I don't know how I have missed it(probably because it works only in viewer mode), another question if I may, if I want to add an image as background on the header, do I need to host the template, I am not a developer but I am trying to understand the procedure how to customize the template, for the moment I am stuck at the hosting level? what if I don't have a server where to host the template? is that make sense?

Thanks

Noureddine

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

You can upload a logo for the header in the builder settings (see screenshot below), but if you want to add a header background image you'd need to download and customize the code, then host the template.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
NourddineMaghmouli
New Contributor

Thanks Owen, I have downloaded the template hosted in IIS in my computer, added the appid code to the index.html file but still the storymap not showing(see below error):

An error has occurred

No Web Mapping Application identifier is specified in URL parameters (?appid=). In development mode, the appid configuration in index.html is ignored.

thanks

Noureddine

0 Kudos
NourddineMaghmouli
New Contributor

I have found similar question and you answered that it is because of using the source code not the compiled, I downloaded the compiled one and the map is loadin now on Internet Explorer but somehow it is not loading in Chrome, it just keeps loading without response

Noureddine

0 Kudos
NourddineMaghmouli
New Contributor

Sorted , please ignore previous couple messages, I had just to clear the cookies and the cache to make it load in Chrome

Thanks again

Noureddine

0 Kudos