Create Featured editing window glitched

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
TimG_OWWSB
New Contributor II

I am using ArcMap, ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.2.

Whenever I need to editing window, Create Features, I get this window. It is somehow morphed into the background, now allowing me to do very much with it.

TimG_OWWSB_0-1714493497896.png

One of the few things that it lets me do is create features that are already in the system unless they're at the top of the window. When I go to the top of the window, the buttons pop up like this:

TimG_OWWSB_1-1714493638722.png

The window also hides anything in the ToC that's behind it. I cannot click the button to add new templates, either, so I am unable to add any new features to my map.

Is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Weird, have not seen that one before.

If you haven't already, you could try to reset your normal template and see if that fixes it.  Keep in mind that you will lose any menu customizations if so, but could get you back and working (make sure you rename it, not delete so you have a backup just in case).

R_

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

are you able to drag the Create Features window down and drop on the arrow that appears at the right of the screen?

RhettZufelt_0-1714683258751.png

R_

0 Kudos
TimG_OWWSB
New Contributor II

Unfortunately not. The buttons up top prevent me from moving it at all. They appear whenever I mouse over them.

TimG_OWWSB_0-1715005588651.png

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Weird, have not seen that one before.

If you haven't already, you could try to reset your normal template and see if that fixes it.  Keep in mind that you will lose any menu customizations if so, but could get you back and working (make sure you rename it, not delete so you have a backup just in case).

R_

TimG_OWWSB
New Contributor II

This worked! Thank you so much. It's been driving me absolutely insane.

0 Kudos